Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Luke Shaw hopes he finds a spot on the England Euro Cup squad


Luke Shaw hopes his improved performances for Manchester United will earn him a reminder to the England team in time for Euro 2020. Fans can get England Euro Cup Tickets online.

Shaw has not participated in England's last 15 games under Gareth Southgate since playing against Spain in the Nations League 17 months ago.

But after missing the Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup teams, the 24-year-old defender hopes he has done enough for United this season to find a spot on the Southgate team. England will face Croatia, Czech Republic and Play-off Winner C in group D.

Luke Shaw hopes he finds a spot on the England Euro Cup squad
England Euro Cup 

The detail of all England matches are:

Match.1
Time: 15:00
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2020
Stadium: Wembley Stadium
Match.2
Time: 20:00
Date: Friday, June 19, 2020
Stadium: Wembley Stadium
Match.3
Time: 20:00
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Stadium: Wembley Stadium

"I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it," admitted Shaw.

Whatever happens, I have to keep working hard. Obviously, it's everyone's dream to participate in the Euros. At the end of the day, it's not mine, it's Gareth's and I will respect whatever he decides.

Despite fierce competition for his place in the back left of Brandon Williams this season, Shaw rose to the challenge. He also performed well on the left side of a counter three and, against Watford on Sunday, filled both roles with Dan James alternating winger and winger in a 3-0 victory.

"We did a lot of work on it in training, the new shape that allows us to be more compact and stronger in defense," added Shaw.

I really enjoy it right now and I'm happy to play wherever the manager wants me to play.

I really like this kind of left of the three, but I'm going to play anywhere and the most important thing is, you know, helping the team and enjoying football.

I think I learn different things in this third role. Sometimes things you don't really get in the back left, maybe because you're a little bit wider, but I'm more central.

I was pretty central against Watford. We worked on it, so that I would be more central and that Jamo would play the role of the rear wing, but obviously less defensive when they had the ball.

Shaw said about Williams, We have presented that we can play together as well and I love to play with Williams. We have played a few times now and we have played well together. I learn what he does and he knows what I do, so it's a good partnership to play.

"Obviously, we all love the competition and we all like to push each other and I will help him as much as he can to become a great player as he can be."

Shaw also became a father for the first time in November when his partner Anouska Santos gave birth to his son Reign.

Talking about the lack of sleep, he said: It was sometimes difficult, as everyone knows! But I wouldn't change it for the world.

It is the best feeling to have been a parent and he has a wonderful mother who takes care of him. I am often absent and I have a lot of games, so she does everything but she did brilliantly.

We have a big family around us and we have a lovely maternity nurse who comes sometimes and does the night. Everything is really good and it's the best feeling in the world to have a child - I love it.

Euro 2020 fans can get Euro Cup Tickets through our trusted online ticketing marketplace. Ticket4football.com is the most reliable source to book Euro 2020 tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment